For drilling in rock, you need a machine that can take on the tough jobs in tough ground conditions. The new D23x30DR S3 Navigator® horizontal directional drill helps lead the way in rock drilling and continues the legacy of the S3 badge – speed, simplicity and sound.
- A small footprint allows for efficient maneuvering of the drill into compact urban areas or busy neighbourhoods and can help with more convenient transportation of the machine on a trailer with other equipment.
- The 100 hp (75 kW) Deutz TCD3.6L4 engine provides power to help drive the D23x30DR S3 to its peak performance.
- This dual rod drill offers impressive power and performance in a compact design, enabling operators to confidently bore through hard rock and other challenging ground conditions.
- Convenient access to the rear hood allows for service of the mud pump, and the open-top vise helps with changing out the die and couplers.
- Common controls can offer a more familiar operator experience to help crews transition to rock drilling from a single-rod machine and get in and out of the tough ground with precision and power.
- A strong hex coupler design helps maximize wear life and time in operation between changeouts. This system also offers class-leading steerability at 7% per rod.
- This rock drill follows the S3 sound badge, offering a noise level that can help with operator comfort and crew communication, as well as help create a quiet working environment to reduce disturbance in neighbourhoods and other populated urban areas.
- The carriage and rotational speed can help with quick rod exchange and can enable crews to stay efficient and install more linear feet per day. Match your rotation speed to tooling for optimal performance and life.
General Dimensions and Weights
- Length (Minimum Transport): 247 inches / 627.4 cm
- Width (Minimum Transport): 55.5 inches / 141 cm
- Height (Minimum Transport): 87.5 inches / 222.3 cm
- Weight: 16500 lbs / 7484.3 kg
- Make & Model: Duetz TCD3.6L4
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Maximum Engine RPM: 2000 rpm
- HP Gross: 100 hp / 74.6 kW
- Thrust: 24000 lbs / 106.8 kN
- Pullback: 24000 lbs / 106.8 kN
- Maximum Spindle Speed at max engine RPM: 200 rpm
- Minimum Bore Diameter: 5 inches / 12.7 cm
- Maximum Ground Drive Speed at Max engine RPM: 3.3 mph / 5.3 km/h
- Maximum Carriage Speed (Max engine RPM): 175 ft/min / 53.3 m/min
- Maximum Spindle Torque: 3000 ft-lb / 4067.5 Nm
- Noise Level at Operator’s Ear: 83 dB(A)
- Fuel Tank: 35 gal / 132.5 L
- Breakout System: Sliding open-top vise
- Drilling Lights: Standard
- Flow Indicator: Mud flow indicator
- Stakedown System: Standard
- Strike Alert: Standard
- Remote Lockout: Standard