The new SC30TX stump cutter from Vermeer: performance and mobility in one compact package.
With a focus on ease-of-operation, the compact design of the SC30TX offers intuitive controls, minimal service points and the performance of a machine that gets the job done. It has a width of less than one metre and individually controlled tracks that provide a zero-turning radius – features that are sure to make the SC30TX the ideal stump cutter for mobile contractors.
The SC30TX features a 27hp (19.9kW) Kohler EFI petrol engine that produces the necessary torque for challenging ground conditions and stubborn tree stumps. Along with low maintenance and ease of starting, the engine provides cost-effective fuel economy. Its horizontal shaft design allows for easier access and maintenance due to the elimination of drive belts. The optional AutoSweep® system monitors engine speed and automatically adjusts cutter wheel sweep to reduce engine and structural stress.
The modified operator presence handle design is now manufactured with a harder exterior to improve wear and appearance. This user-friendly handle system provides additional capacitance-sensing capability and is intended to help protect the operator.
The two individually controlled tracks are each operated by their own joystick which provides for simple, intuitive operation and a zero turning radius. This, along with its compact 35-inch-wide (88.9cm) footprint and 7-inch (17.7cm) tracks, contributes to easier manoeuvrability in tight spaces and reduced ground disruption.
The 16-inch (40.6cm) cutter wheel on the SC30TX is positioned in the centre of the unit for easy alignment with the stump. The Vermeer-exclusive Yellow Jacket™ cutter system offers extended life of cutting teeth and easy maintenance. Each tooth provides two full wear cycles, while its universal design can fit any position on the cutter wheel. A chip containment curtain directs cuttings to a pile and away from the operator.
SC30TX Stump Cutter Features and Benefits
- Electronic fuel injection (EFI) engine outperforms comparable carburetted engines
- Optional AutoSweep® System monitors engine speed and automatically adjusts cutter wheel sweep rate to maintain optimum engine speed
- Reduced maintenance cost and downtime, thanks to hydrostatic ground drive and hydraulic cutter wheel drive that eliminates traditional belts and pulleys
- Improved stability and lower ground pressure of the extra long tracks means reduced ground disturbance
- Simple, intuitive operation and a zero turning radius thanks to individually controlled tracks