Introducing a new direction in HDD — the D23x30 S3 Navigator® horizontal directional drill is one of the quietest drills on the HDD market. With 100 hp (74.6 kW) Deutz Tier 4 Final or Tier 3 (EU Stage IIIA) engine options, the D23x30 S3 offers speed and power in a short, narrow footprint to help increase productivity when working in compact urban or commercial job sites.
- A 99 dB(A) guaranteed sound power level and an operator ear rating of 78.7 dB(A) makes it one of the quietest drills on the market — creating less neighborhood disturbance and enabling easier communication among the crew.
- A carriage speed of 206 ft/min (62.8 m/min) helps operators install more linear feet per day.
- Common control platform from Vermeer assists in operator efficiency and training.
- A 219 rpm rotational speed matches larger drills in the 20,000 to 30,000 lb (89 to 133 kN) class.
- The D23x30 S3 can track up to 5.3 km/hr, helping operators get into position for their next shot more quickly, while the increased tractive effort makes it easier to climb slopes and make sharp turns.
General Dimensions and Weights
- Length (Minimum Transport): 208 inches / 528.3 cm
- Width (Minimum Transport): 52.5 inches / 133.4 cm
- Height (Minimum Transport): 75 inches / 190.5 cm
- Weight: 14080 lbs / 6386.6 kg
- Make & Model: Deutz TCD3.6L4
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Maximum Engine RPM: 2000 rpm
- HP Gross: 100 hp / 74.6 kW
- Thrust: 24000 lbs / 106.8 kN
- Pullback: 24000 lbs / 106.8 kN
- Maximum Spindle Speed at max engine RPM: 219 rpm
- Minimum Bore Diameter: 4 inches / 10.2 cm
- Maximum Ground Drive Speed at Max engine RPM: 3.3 mph / 5.3 km/h
- Maximum Carriage Speed (Max engine RPM): 206 ft/min / 62.8 m/min
- Maximum Spindle Torque: 3000 ft-lb / 4067.5 Nm
- Hydraulic Tank: 30 gal / 113.6 L
- Breakout System: Standard hydraulic vise
- Drilling Lights: Optional
- Flow Indicator: Standard
- Stakedown System: Standard