With significant gains in horsepower and speed and a reduction in noise, the D10x15 S3 can help you put more product in the ground in a shorter amount of time.
The D10x15 S3 offers a reliable, economical solution for small service installation — built to help increase your crew’s productivity so you can go from one job to the next faster.
- An increase in carriage speed of almost 11% over its predecessor allows for faster cycle times and improved job site productivity.
- Improved rotation performance helps boost productivity — an increase in spindle speed of up to 16% over its predecessor allows for a better mud slurry, enabling better mud flow while pulling in the product in softer or reactive ground conditions.
- A maximum ground drive speed (forward) of up to 5.3 km/hr with an optional wireless remote makes it faster than the closest competitor — helping make job setup times, job site entry and job site departure go more quickly.
- An almost 50% increase in the tractive-effort-to-weight ratio over its predecessor enables improved tracking up and down ditches and enhanced maneuverability when fine-tuning setup and trailer positioning.
- Reduced noise levels at the operator’s ear make a quieter working environment possible — creating less neighbourhood disturbance and enabling easier communication among the crew.
- A small footprint 10.2 cm narrower than its closest competitor — allows the drill to easily maneuver within narrow job sites and position side by side with a mix system on a trailer.
General Dimensions and Weights
- Length (Minimum Transport): 153 inches / 388.6 cm
- Width (Minimum Transport): 44 inches / 111.8 cm
- Height (Minimum Transport): 66 inches / 167.6 cm
- Weight: 7200 lbs / 3265.9 kg
- Angle of Approach: 22 deg
- Make and Model: Deutz TD2.9
- Fuel Type: Ultra low sulfur diesel
- Maximum Engine RPM: 2300 rpm
- Gross Horsepower: 60 hp / 44.7 kw
- Aspiration: Turbocharged
- Max Fuel Consumption: 3.5 gph / 13.2 lph
- Maximum Operating Angle (Fore/Aft)*: 30
- Maximum Operating Angle (Left/Right)*: 30
- Thrust: 10000 lbs / 44.5 kN
- Pullback: 10000 lbs / 44.5 kN
- Maximum Carriage Speed at Maximum Engine RPM: 208 ft/min / 63.4 m/min
- Maximum Spindle Torque (High at Maximum Engine RPM): 1500 ft-lb / 2033.7 Nm
- Maximum Spindle Speed at Max Engine RPM: 220 rpm
- Minimum Bore Diameter: 2.5 inches / 6.4 cm
- Maximum Ground Drive Speed at Maximum Engine RPM: 3.3 mph / 5.3 km/h
- Noise Level at Operator’s Ear: 86 dB(A)
- Guaranteed sound power (CE-rating): 103 dB(A)
- Fuel Tank: 18 gal / 68.1 L
- Hydraulic System: 25 gal / 94.6 L
Drilling Fluid System
- Maximum Flow: 15 gpm / 56.8 L/min
- Maximum Pressure: 1000 psi / 68.9 bar
- On Board Tank Capacity: 25 gal / 94.6 L